I used them to make my first knit overlap nursing top and it was the best fitting top I have ever made! But I didn't like the fact that the shoulders were dropped a bit and the sleeve cap was so low. It created wrinkled around my arm in the front and back.
So, I traced another sleeve off a favorite summer t-shirt and scooped out the armhole a bit (shortening the shoulder seam at the same time) to get the same measurements as the sleeve cap.
I also read the Threads article on making t-shirts and followed some of the instructions to make more changes to the pattern:
~ I took the side seams in at the waist to create a more hourglass fitted siluette
~ I made a FBA by slashing the pattern horizontally at bust point, spreading out and then adding a curve to the side seam, where it would be eased in. So, the front pattern is longer and a tiny bit wider to allow more room for my bust.
~ I also changed the angle of my shoulder seam a bit, because I have square shoulders.
I made this pink top from the altered pattern: